India has a large tea industry and is the second-largest producer of tea. All around the, there are almost more than 3000 varieties of teas. India exports 145000 tons of tea yearly and is the largest exporter of tea. Tea is the most popular beverage after water. And is consumed commonly everywhere in schools, colleges, markets, offices and homes. Besides just a drink, some teas are very beneficial and provide a lot of health benefits too.
Let us have a look at some healthy teas,
- Nilgiris tea: It is also called as blue mountain tea. It is mostly grown in western India near Ghats. It is dark in colour and has a beautiful aroma. It is also used to make iced tea.
- Advantages: It helps in weight loss. Belly fat is burned by the regular use of it. It also helps to work against diabetes. It helps to reduce gum inflammation as well. Also, play a role in maintaining oral hygiene.
- Darjeeling tea: It is a famous Indian tea that is common worldwide. It appears in many varieties and colours like black, green, white and oolong. As the name indicates it is mostly cultivated in district Darjeeling and Kalimpong in West Bengal. Tea is made from small leaves and has a very beautiful odor. It was the first in India that got international recognition is very less time.
- Advantages: It helps to fight against gastrointestinal infections and prevent gastric ulcers. It can also help in weight loss.
- Assam tea: It is a kind of black tea and is produced and cultivated in Assam. The tea is mostly cultivated in lower areas of Assam near Brahmaputra river. It is known for its bright colour and is very refreshing. It has a malty flavor.
- Advantages: Research has found that it can fight against ovarian and lung cancer.
- Kangra tea: It is cultivated and found in Kangra in Himachal Pradesh. It is available both in green and black varieties. It is mostly used everywhere and is highly aromatic
- Advantages: Helps to reduce heart diseases. The skin and body are refreshed by its usage.
What’s your favorite tea?