West side of India is land of lively people. They celebrate everyday with full spirit. Every day is a celebration there. You get immersed in the vibrant hues of their colourful celebrations. These festivals are nothing short of a beautiful version of life. So let’s discuss the Festivals of Western India and feel the fun thoroughly.
3 most popular festivals of the western states
Rajasthan is the land of myriad fairs and festivals. Here are the festivals celebrated on this golden land:
- 3-day long, delightful desert festival is held in February in Golden City, Jaisalmer.
- They welcome monsoon season with an outstanding festival, Teej. It is also celebrated to express wife’s love to her husband. This festival is celebrated in Jaipur.
- Gangaur is also celebrated in Jaipur to mark the home-coming of Goddess Parvati.
It is also a vibrant land with people of colourful moods. So let’s see their festivals:
- Kartik Purnima Fair is celebrated for 3 weeks and is the best time for purchasing clothes and jewellery.
- Navratri is religious festival that lasts for 10 days full of acoustics music with dandya, garba and falguni pathak.
- Janmashtmi is the most awaited celebration of this amazing land. You can enjoy dahi-handi celebrated with full zeal.
Every day comes with a certain reason of celebration here. So here is an overview of 3 festivals:
- Auspicious day of Ganesh Chathurthi is celebrated with full devotion in August.
- Makar Sankranti is held to welcome spring with open arms by flying kites.
- Bhau Beej is celebrated to mark special bond between sister and brother.
This wonderful land gives insights of Portuguese culture. So let’s see festivals here:
- Carnival festival is the most famous celebration of Goa. It is celebrated for 3 days and 3 nights.
- You can never expect better celebration of Christmas than that celebrated in Goa.
- 3 Kings Feast is another most popular celebration of the land of beaches.
So enjoy every celebration with full zeal!